BIG CAMP OUT - Register Today!
See Registration Form at the bottom of the page.
- 9 am - 2 pm, October 12, 2017
- Open to students in grades 9 - 12
- Lunch provided
- Cost is free
The BIG Camp Out allows students in grades 9 - 12 to experience career exploration with hands-on activities in one of six different career areas on the campus of Lake Area Tech. Campers will register for one of the following career areas:
AG & NATURAL RESOURCES
- Experience career exploration of thousands of opportunities in the Ag and Natural Resources world. Hands-on activities in Agriculture, (includes Agri- Aviation, Agri-Business, Agri-Production, Commodity Merchandising, Dairy, Large Animal Technician, Precision Technology, Ranch Management and Swine Management) and Environmental Technology.
- Experience, in a unique way, what Lake Area Tech has to offer in the fast-growing world of business careers. Hands-on activities in Financial Services, Business Accounting, Computer Information Systems, and Business Associate (including Entrepreneurship, Photography/Media, Human Resources Associate, and Marketing & Management,).
CONSTRUCTION, ENERGY & MANUFACTURING
- Explore the vast careers in the Construction, Energy and Manufacturing fields. Hands-on experience in Building Trades Technology, Heavy Equipment Operator (Co-sponsored by SD Associated General Contractors), Energy Operations, Energy Technology, Electronic Systems Technology, Precision Machining, Robotics, and Welding Technology.
- Career exploration of thousands of opportunities in the healthcare industry. Hands-on activities in Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Medical Lab Technician, Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physical Therapist Assistant.
PUBLIC SERVICES & SAFETY
- Opportunities are endless in the and public services and safety industry. Hands-on activities in Community Healthcare Worker, Cosmetology, Human Services Technician, Law Enforcement, and Med/Fire Rescue.
- Career exploration of thousands of opportunities in the transportation industry. Hands-on activities in Automotive Technology, Aviation Maintenance Technology, Custom Paint & Fabrication, Diesel Technology, and High Performance Engine Machining.
*Attention Bus Drivers
Bus parking available in the parking lot east of the Manufacturing, Energy & Transportation Center.
Bus drivers are welcome to enjoy a complimentary hot or cold beverage from The Mind Grind.